Last updated by Justen Burdette
Migrating from RingPlus to Ting
In the next week or two, active RingPlus lines will be automatically migrated to Ting (please stay tuned for the exact date). On behalf of all of us, welcome to Ting. We're aiming to make this journey as simple as possible, but we're still ironing out some of the finer points. You can read a few more details from RingPlus here, but there are a few especially important points we'd like to highlight...
- Ting will gladly honor the RingPlus Top Up balance that you had as of February 5, 2017. If you had $35.00 or less in RingPlus TopUp credit, you'll receive $35 in Ting credit before your first bill. If you had $35.01 or more in RingPlus TopUp credit, you'll receive $35.00 to start and then $5.00 each month until all of your remaining RingPlus TopUp credit balance has been honored.
- The lawyers (please don't feed them, or the birds) insist that you'll need to agree to the Ting terms of service and provide up-to-date billing information to keep your service active once the migration is complete. Don't worry, we'll reach out when it's time to take care of this step.
- Ting has one simple plan: $6 per month, per line. Every line on your account shares its minutes, messages, and megabytes with every other line on your account. You only pay for the bucket of minutes, bucket of messages, and bucket of megabytes that you use each month. We're not nearly as elaborate as RingPlus here, we know. And we realize that some folks may find better deals elsewhere. But if Ting works out for you, we promise to do our best to provide great customer care and reliable wireless service.
- We're working with RingPlus and Sprint to ensure there's no interruption at all in your service. We'll let you know if you need to do a profile update on your device, but we're hopeful we'll be able to skip that step to save you the time and hassle.
If you started the porting process from RingPlus to Ting before today, you're fine to let that complete — we'll take care of making sure your RingPlus TopUp credit is honored. Although you'll have to complete a profile update on your device to fully complete the port, we'll be here to help.
We'll update this article as we finalize the details over the coming days, but we really appreciate your patience as we work to make the transition as seamless as possible for you.
Just in case it is handy, here is the porting information that previously lived here...
Porting from RingPlus to Ting
If you really can't wait, you can manually port to Ting — just keep in mind that it may take a day or two (as it is an intra-carrier number transfer, rather than a true number port). You'll need to gather your account number and PIN from RingPlus. Your account number should be your phone number (without any dashes or spaces) and your PIN may be the MSL (or master subsidy lock) of your device. You can confirm both of those numbers easily from your RingPlus dashboard.
- Head over to your RingPlus Account Dashboard.
- Click Port-out/Port-in under the Account Features section.
- In the top right-hand corner of the screen, you should see Port-out Information.
Once you've got your RingPlus account number and PIN confirmed, you're ready to get started. Just head to ting.com/activate and follow the steps. If you'd like a little more help, check out this guide.