Last updated by Rod McRae
In some instances, BYOD phones will have trouble accessing voicemail after activating with Ting. This is because the phone is defaulting to the original carrier code for voicemail. To solve this, you will need to update the default number to your own phone number by following these steps:
For Android devices
On an Android-powered phone running Lollipop, Marshmallow or Nougat, you can change voicemail settings this way:
- Open your phone dialer.
- Tap the three dots in the upper right-hand corner of your screen.
- Tap “settings”.
- Tap “calls”.
- Tap “voicemail”.
- Tap “setup”.
- Tap "Voicemail number"
- Edit the correct voicemail number (eg. +19051234567)
- Tap OK
For Windows devices
- Tap the Phone tile
- Swipe to the Voicemail Screen
- Tap More at the bottom of the screen
- Tap Settings
- Tap Use default voicemail number
- Tap the option for New Voicemail Number
- Enter your number
- Tap anywhere outside of the number field to save the changes
- Click the Phone app
- Choose the Keypad
- Enter *5005*86*1Yournumber#
- Press call to program the number