Visual voicemail is a feature that allows you to scroll through messages visually without having to dial a phone number. It also gives you the ability to scan your messages and find specific ones meaning you can listen to your messages in any order.
Note: To use visual voicemail with Ting, you must be running iOS 14 or later, and the most recent carrier update.
Setting up visual voicemail
- Go to the Phone app, then tap the Voicemail tab.
- Tap Set up now.
- Create a voicemail password, then tap Done.
- Enter your password again to confirm it, then tap Done.
- Select Custom or Default. If you choose Custom, you can record a new greeting.
- Tap Done to save your greeting.
Ting carrier settings for GSM iPhone
If you are running iOS 14 or later, you can insert the Ting GSM SIM card and accept the Carrier settings update. Once the update is applied, you will have access to visual voicemail and Wi-Fi calling features.
If the phone doesn't automatically pick up the carrier update, you can prompt the phone by doing this.
- Open Settings.
- Select General.
- Tap About.
- Scroll down to Carrier and check the version number.
- If it says Ting 44.1 and up, then the update applied.
- If not, you will need to tap the carrier version until the phone prompts you to accept the update.