What is Visual Voicemail?
Visual voicemail is a random-access voicemail with a visual interface. Such an interface presents a list of messages for playback. This means you can listen to whatever message you want and you do not have to listen to the messages in order.
Note: in order to use Visual voicemail with Ting the device must be running iOS 10 or later and GSM devices must be running the Ting Carrier Settings
Visual voicemail for iPhone
- Go to the Phone app, then tap the Voicemail tab
- Tap Set Up Now
- Create a voicemail password, then tap Done
- Enter your password again to confirm it, then tap Done
- Select Custom or Default. If you choose Custom, you can record a new greeting
- Tap Done to save your greeting
Transfer your existing Voicemail
To transfer your existing voicemail, follow these steps:
- Go to the Phone app, then tap the Voicemail tab.
- Tap Set Up Now.
- Enter your password,* then tap done.
- Record a custom greeting or use the default greeting, then tap Save.
If you forget your voicemail password, there's no way to reset it from your iPhone. You need to contact Ting customer support to reset your password.
Ting carrier settings for GSM iPhone
If you are running iOS 10 or later, you can insert the Ting GSM SIM card and accept the update to the Carrier settings. Once the update is applied, you will have access to features such as Visual Voicemail and Wi-Fi Calling.
If the phone doesn't automatically pick up the carrier update, you can prompt the phone by doing this.
- Open Settings
- Open About
- Check Carrier Version
- If it says Ting 28.4 or up, then the update applied
- If not, then you will need to tap the Carrier Version until the phone prompts you to accept the update.