Last updated by Christian Robinette
Interested in buying a phone from the Ting shop? Are you interested in not paying the full upfront cost? Ting offers device financing with a company called Affirm, as well as paying as a one-time payment. Our Affirm partnership allows our customers to take advantage of device financing for a selection of devices in the Ting shop and pay in monthly installments.
- Ordering a phone or SIM card
- Affirm financing process
- Returns and exchanges on Affirm orders with Ting
- Contacting Affirm
This guide will show how to place the order and choose to finance the device as well as show the flow for the Affirm process which is to be completed once the order is confirmed.
Ordering a phone or SIM card
- Go to the Ting shop.
- Using the side-bar on the left, you can filter the selections. The listing for each device will show if it's new or refurbished, it's network, colour options and if Affirm financing is available.
- After you select a phone, you can choose options like network, internal storage, color, quantity, and extras like AppleCare+. More detailed specifications are available below under the Overview, Specs and Warranty tabs. When you're ready, click Buy now.
Note: You can review Ting's warranty policy, return and replacement FAQ, 30-day price guarantee anytime, as well as Ting's guarantee.
- Next, you can either create an account, sign into your existing account, or create an account after checkout.
- Enter your shipping information, select your shipping option and click Continue.
Note: We can only ship to physical addresses inside the US. We ship via FedEx and cannot deliver to PO boxes, APO, FPO or Puerto Rico at this time.
- Select your payment method. This is where we can choose to finance the purchase with Affirm by selecting Monthly payments, or to enter your billing information for direct billing. Confirm your information and click Continue.
Note: If you choose to pay with Monthly payments, you'll be directed to Affirm to complete the process for financing your purchase.
- If you're purchasing directly, or if you've completed the Affirm process, you'll be able to review your Ting order one last time. Review your details and click Place order when ready.
- You're all set! You'll receive a confirmation email once your phone ships with tracking information, and if we have any issues, we'll reach out to you via the email you provided.
Note: FedEx requires signatures on packages over a certain value. Ting cannot remove the signature requirement.
Affirm financing process
- Once you select Monthly payments during the billing information step with ordering a phone with Ting, Affirm will ask you to create an account. Start by entering your mobile number to start the process and click Continue.
Note: You can click Return to Ting at any time to return to Ting, and cancel your Affirm loan request. You will return to the Ting Billing information screen to select an alternate payment method for your order.
- Enter your information and agree to the terms of service by clicking Continue.
- Affirm will send an SMS verification code your phone number to confirm your identity. Enter the PIN to proceed, or click Didn't get a code? to receive a phone call instead.
- Next, you see your approved amount and the payment options you can choose from.
- Once you select your preferred terms, you will be able to review the details of your loan. Click Continue when ready.
- Affirm offers the option of Autopay next. If you enable AutoPay, Affirm will automatically debit your monthly payment amount from your payment method on each due date.
- Last, review the information and confirm. You will be asked to review and agree to the Truth in Lending Disclosure and Loan agreement. You can scroll down from the window provided to view:
- The number of payments required.
- The amount due for the payments.
- The date the first payment is due.
- The annual cost of your credit as a yearly rate (APR).
- The dollar amount the credit will cost you.
- The amount financed or credited on your behalf.
- The amount you will have paid when you have made all scheduled payments.
Note: There is no separate fee or penalty for late payments or if you pay off the loan early. If you pay off early, you may be entitled to a refund of part of the finance charge.
- You will be returned to the Ting shop to complete your order once the loan has been confirmed with Affirm,
Returns and exchanges on Affirm orders with Ting
If you'd like to use Affirm to purchase, we would be happy to help walk you through the process. Because of the sensitivity of your personal information that's needed, we can't place the order for you.
Your purchase with Ting and your arrangement with Affirm are two separate things. You will need to continue to make the monthly payments to Affirm, even if you decide to leave Ting.
If you need to return or exchange your purchase for any reason, we handle it like any other return or exchange. If we were to issue a partial or full refund, we would send it to Affirm to credit your account. Anything left over would be refunded back to the payment method—checking account or debit card—that you have on file with Affirm.
There is also a wealth of information available directly from Affirm if you would like to do some research before entering into the Financing agreement.
Should you have any questions or concerns Affirm can also be contacted with any specific queries at email@example.com or by phone at 1-855-423-3729.