Last updated by Christian Robinette
Interested in buying a phone from the Ting shop, but don't want to pay the full upfront cost? Ting offers device financing with a company called Affirm. This partnership allows our customers to take advantage of device financing for a selection of devices in the Ting shop and pay in monthly installments.
- Affirm Financing Process - After the Ting Order is placed
- Returns & Exchanges on Affirm Orders
- Contacting Affirm
This guide will show how to place the order and choose to finance the device as well as show the flow for the Affirm process which is to be completed once the order is confirmed.
Order process with Ting
1. Go to Ting.com and click on Shop or head to https://ting.com/shop
2. Click on $XX/mo for a device that offers financing from the shop, only devices that can be financed will have this option.
3. Click on Buy Now. You will see the lowest possible monthly rate offered here, listed as "as low as..."
You can also view more information on the Affirm program here. Click on the "?" next to "OR AS LOW AS $XX/MO with Affirm" and it will provide some details on the possible terms for the financing.
4. To purchase a phone from the Ting shop page, you must create an account or sign into your existing account using your email address and password. If you're creating an account, make sure to choose a valid email address you check regularly as this is Ting's primary method of communicating with customers. Your password will need to be at least 10 characters long. When you've got that all filled out, click Sign up. If you already have an account click Sign in instead and log in.
5. Enter your service address (your home address or where the service will mostly be used for this phone) and click Next step.
6. Review your address when prompted, correct it if necessary, and click Confirm.
7a. If you are in an existing account you will need to click on the pencil/edit icon to switch from the card on file/Amazon billing to Affirm for the purchase.
7b. This is where we choose to finance the purchase with Affirm by selecting Monthly payments.
8. Your shipping address information may be auto-populated with what you've entered previously. You can change this if you'd like your phone to ship somewhere else. This is also where you choose your shipping method from the options provided then click Next step.
9. Once you reach the confirmation page, review the details you have entered and press Complete Purchase. You can edit the details by choosing the pencil icon beside each section. Once ready click Complete purchase.
This Completes the Ting order process. Next you will begin the Affirm process for financing the purchase.
Affirm Financing Process - After Ting Order placed
1. Once the order is placed with Ting, Affirm will ask you to create an account. Enter your name, email, last 4 digits of the SSN and a valid phone number. Click Create Account.
2. Affirm will send a verification PIN to the number you provided. Enter the PIN on the next page and click Verify Code.
3. Affirm will confirm if you're eligible for device financing and what options are available to you. Choose your preferred option and click Continue.
4. On the next screen, you will see a recap of the approved amount and the desired payment option selected. Affirm will also offer an autopay option. This would mean that rather than having to contact Affirm and pay each month, you can set up autopay selecting the preferred payment method, and having that charged each month on the due date. You can choose to opt-in for autopay by turning on the switch.
5. Now you will be required to select the payment method from a drop-down window. Once the payment type has been selected, you will need to enter the details.
6. You will be asked to review the Truth in Lending Disclosure and Loan Agreement as well as the refund policy provided. We also will suggest you review the credit Score disclosure.
7. The next step is to wait for the confirmation. You will be redirected to where the confirmation number will be posted. You will also receive an e-mail and text message with the confirmation number.
You can leave the Affirm sign-up at any time and return back to the checkout flow.
Once the purchase is complete, you will receive the usual emails from us indicating when the device will ship out (these devices will still ship from Ting like any other Ting shop-purchased device)
Returns & exchanges on Affirm orders with Ting
When opting for device financing with Affirm, the order must be placed by the customer on Ting.com. We cannot place the order on your behalf but would be happy to walk you through the process.
Once you have purchased the device from Affirm, the device purchase transaction is complete from Ting's perspective. You will need to continue to make the monthly payments to Affirm, even if you decide to leave Ting.
If you need to return or exchange your purchase for any reason we would handle it like any other return or exchange. If we were to issue a partial or full refund Affirm would then credit your account once we do so. Any amount in excess of that would be refunded back to you via the payment method (checking account or debit card) that you have on file with Affirm.
Please have a look here for more information on the warranty offered by Ting.
There is also a wealth of information available directly from Affirm if you would like to do some research before entering into the Financing agreement.
Should you have any questions or concerns Affirm can also be contacted with any specific queries at email@example.com or by phone at 1-855-423-3729.