Last updated by Christian Robinette
Interested in buying a phone from the Ting shop, but don't want to pay the full upfront cost? Ting offers device financing with a company called Affirm. This partnership allows our customers to take advantage of device financing for a selection of devices in the Ting shop and pay in monthly instalments.
- Affirm Financing Process - After the Ting Order is placed
- Returns & Exchanges on Affirm Orders
- Contacting Affirm
This guide will show how to place the order and choose to finance the device as well as show the flow for the Affirm process which is to be completed once the order is confirmed.
Order process with Ting
- Go to Ting.com and click on Shop.
- You can filter the selections using the side-bar on the left if needed.
- Choose the device you want to purchase and click on it. The listing for each device will show if it's new or refurbished and whether it can be financed via Affirm. You can also see the available colors for each selection.
You can also view more information on the Affirm program here. Click on "AS LOW AS $XX/MONTH" and it will provide some details on the possible terms of the financing.
- Review the selections for condition/network etc and scroll down to review the Overview, Specs, Warranty, or FAQ for the device. The expected shipping date will also be listed beside Quantity. Click Buy Now when ready.
Note: You can review the Ting Warranty policy anytime, as well as our Ting guarantee.
6. To purchase a phone from the Ting shop page, you can either create an account, sign into your existing account, or create an account after checkout.
If you're creating an account, make sure to choose a valid email address you check regularly as this is Ting's primary method of communicating with customers. Your password will need to be at least 10 characters long. When you've got that all filled out, click Sign up.
If you already have a Ting account click Sign in and log in to your account.
If you wish to proceed without creating an account you can by selecting Create an account after checkout.
7. Your order will be displayed in the top right for you to review or cancel at any time. This will show the price for the phone as well as any additional charges for extras such as Apple Care.
8. Enter the shipping information and click Continue.
Note: We don't ship outside of the US and we can't ship to PO boxes. We do not ship to APO, FPO or Puerto Rico at this time.
9. Choose a shipping option and click Continue.
10. This is where we can choose to finance the purchase with Affirm by selecting Monthly payments. Edit the billing address if it is not the same as the shipping address. Enter your contact email address and phone number if not using an existing account and Click Continue.
This Completes the Ting order process. Next, you will begin the Affirm process for financing the purchase.
Affirm Financing Process - After Ting Order placed
1. Once the order is placed with Ting, Affirm will ask you to create an account. You can click Return to Ting at any time to return to Ting and your Affirm loan request will not be completed. Doing so will return you to the Ting Billing information screen to select a payment method for your order. You can also click the ? for help or to contact Affirm directly.
When ready enter your mobile number to proceed with verification
2. Fill in the requested information and agree to the terms of service by clicking Continue.
3. Affirm will send an SMS verification code to the phone number that was specified. Enter the PIN to proceed or click Didn't get a code? to be provided with the option to instead receive a phone call.
4. On the next screen, you will see a recap of your approved amount and the payment options you can choose from.
5. Once you select the terms you will be able to review the details of your loan. Click Continue when ready.
6. You will be asked if you would like to enable AutoPay. If you enable AutoPay, Affirm will automatically debit your monthly payment amount from your payment method on each due date.
7. Review the information and confirm. You will be asked to review the Truth in Lending Disclosure and Loan agreement. You can scroll down from the window provided to view:
- The number of payments required.
- The amount due for the payments.
- The date the first payment is due
- The annual cost of your credit as a yearly rate (APR)
- The dollar amount the credit will cost you
- The amount financed/credited on your behalf
- The amount you will have paid when you have made all scheduled payments
Note: If a payment is late, you will not be charged a separate fee or penalty. If you pay off early, you will not have to pay a penalty, and you may be entitled to a refund of part of the finance charge.
When you have reviewed all of the information click on the box to confirm you agree to the loan agreement and click Confirm Loan.
8. Once the loan has been confirmed with Affirm you will be returned to the Ting shop to complete the order. Review your details and click Place Order when ready.
9. You will get a confirmation message that the order has completed. Once it ships, we will also email you a link to your tracking information.
Note: Packages of a certain value will require a signature upon delivery. This is a security measure that FedEx insists on having and Ting cannot remove the signature requirement.
10. If you did not yet create a Ting account you will also be sent an email to create one. Click on the link in the email to Create a password. Once this is done, log in using the email address you specified in the order.
Returns & exchanges on Affirm orders with Ting
When opting for device financing with Affirm, the order must be placed by the customer on Ting.com. We cannot place the order on your behalf but would be happy to walk you through the process.
Once you have purchased the device from Affirm, the device purchase transaction is complete from Ting's perspective. You will need to continue to make the monthly payments to Affirm, even if you decide to leave Ting.
If you need to return or exchange your purchase for any reason we would handle it like any other return or exchange. If we were to issue a partial or full refund Affirm would then credit your account once we do so. Any amount in excess of that would be refunded back to you via the payment method (checking account or debit card) that you have on file with Affirm.
Please have a look here for more information on the warranty offered by Ting.
There is also a wealth of information available directly from Affirm if you would like to do some research before entering into the Financing agreement.
Should you have any questions or concerns Affirm can also be contacted with any specific queries at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 1-855-423-3729.