Effective March 31st 2018, Sprint is decommissioning all Airave activations. Any Airave's that are already active will continue to work, but this will be the last day for new Airave activation's, including BYOD devices
- Disconnect the power from all devices on your network including the cable or DSL modem and router.
- Place the Airave close to a window and somewhere centrally located, preferably elevated.
- Connect one end of the ethernet cable to the available LAN port on your modem and the other end of the ethernet connection to the Airave WAN port.
- Turn on your modem.
- Wait a couple of minutes for the modem to fully initialize before continuing setup.
- Plug the power supply connector into the back of the Airave.
- Plug the other end into an electrical outlet.
External GPS Antenna Setup
Use this if your Airave's internal antenna doesn't get a signal for GPS lock. This is indicated by a SOLID RED GPS LED for more than 40 minutes. SOLID GREEN indicates GPS lock.
Before trying the External setup, wait about 30-40 minutes for the Airave to get a GPS fix after initial setup.
- Remove the GPS antenna module from the back of the Airave.
- Connect the GPS cord to the antenna module and the Airave.
- Place the external GPS antenna horizontally on a flat surface as close to a window as possible. The antenna works best in an open area where it can easily pick up signals
If you're unable to get your recently activated Airave working, go through the following steps:
- Unplug all cables and power cords from all devices (Airave, modem, router) in any order.
- Connect all ethernet and GPS cables/antenna.
- DON'T connect any power cords at this point.
- Plug the Airave into an electrical outlet.
- Wait 4 minutes.
- Plug your cable or DSL modem into an electrical outlet.
Resetting an Airave
If an Airave has been working, problem-free and stops working, try resetting it.
- Use a paper clip or pin to push and hold the Reset button for at least 10 seconds.
- Wait 30-45 minutes.
- The Airave will go through an automated sequence during which the device's LEDs will be sold for a few seconds and then all LEDs will turn off until the software loads.
Still Having Trouble?
Take down what all the LED lights on your Airave are doing (i.e. GPS is blinking red or solid green) and then get in touch with us so we can help you out.