Last updated by Isabel M
Setting up Wi-Fi calling on your GSM Windows device is easy. Follow the directions below to enable Wi-Fi calling and set your calling preferences.
Enabling Wi-Fi Calling
On a Windows device, Wi-Fi calling is its own app:
- Scroll to the Wi-Fi calling app.
- Turn it on.
You may want to pin the app to your home screen for easy access as well.
Now your phone is ready to use Wi-Fi calling. Now you'll want to set your Wi-Fi calling preferences.
Setting Wi-Fi Calling Preferences
To set your calling preferences:
- Go to the Wi-Fi calling app and select preferences from the options at the top of the screen.
- Choose from:
- Wi-Fi Preferred - If a Wi-Fi network is available, your phone will use the Wi-Fi network rather than the cellular network.
- Cellular Preferred - Your phone will only use a Wi-Fi network for calls if there is no cellular network available.
- Wi-Fi Only - Your phone will only use Wi-Fi networks for calls.