Last updated by Suzanne Thomas
1. Where can I see what kind of 3G, 4G and LTE coverage Ting offers?
2. What is the difference between 3G, 4G and LTE on the CDMA network?
In a word: speed. 4G LTE is faster than 4G WiMAX and both are faster than 3G. Here are the speeds you can generally expect with each:
3. What is the difference between 2G, 3G and 4G LTE on the GSM network?
Like with the CDMA network, the difference is speed. Here are the speeds you can generally expect with each:
4. If I have a 3G device, can I access the 4G network?
No. Your ability to access the network depends on your device's capability.
On the CDMA network, a 3G device can access the 3G network, a 4G WiMAX device can access the regular 4G network and an LTE device can access the 4G LTE network. If you're in an area where 4G WiMAX is available and your phone is an LTE device then your phone will bump down to access the 3G network instead and the same goes for 3G WiMAX phones in an LTE network area. The same principle applies to GSM devices.
5. If I have a feature phone, what kind of data am I getting?
This depends on the phone, so you'd need to check the phone's specifications to be sure. However many feature phones support at least 2G data, if not 3G.