Last updated by Christian Robinette
If you're ready to purchase a device from Ting, then you'll actually sign up for an account in the process of making your purchase. Here's how to do that:
1. Go to ting.com and click on Shop.
2. If you've got a referral link, don't go directly to ting.com; use your referral link to come to the site instead. Your link should look something like this after you hit enter. Click on Shop from there:
3. Choose the device you want to purchase and click on it. You can use the options on the left to filter the choices or sort differently from the "Sort by" filter at the top of the screen. The listing for each device will show if it's new or refurbished and whether it can be financed through Affirm, you can click on the "?" to get more information on device financing.
4. Click on the View Details link to proceed
5. Click on Buy Now
6. Now it's time to create your Ting account. You can start creating an account by clicking Sign Up
7. If you're creating Ting credentials, enter your basic account information in the form that appears. The e-mail address you enter here is how we’ll communicate with you for billing, so make sure it’s a valid one that you check regularly. Your password will need to be at least 10 characters long. When you've got that all filled out, click Sign up.
8. Enter your service address (generally this is your home address or where the service will most be used) and click Next step.
9. Review your address when prompted, correct it if necessary, and click Confirm.
10. Enter your Billing Info. You can set up credit card information directly with Ting or choose to Pay with Amazon. To set up a credit card click the credit card type button and then enter your card and billing information. If you set up a credit card here, make sure that the cardholder and address information entered is what your credit card provider has on file for you; it doesn't need to match what you've entered for your Service Address.
11. When you've entered all of your billing information, click Next step - If you wish to finance a device with Affirm you would select that as the method of billing. If your billing information is showing click the pencil icon to see the additional options.
12. Your shipping address information may be auto-populated with what you've entered before. You can change this if you'd like your phone to ship somewhere else.
This is also where you choose your shipping method.
If you've used Pay with Amazon, you'll set your shipping information for the order through the Pay with Amazon widget. When you're done, click Next step.
13. Now you can confirm all of your order details. If any of the information on this confirmation page is incorrect, click on the corresponding link above and re-enter that information; then click on Confirmation again so you can see what your order details are. Once you're sure they're all correct, click on Complete purchase.
14. You've placed the order for your device and opened an account with Ting in the process! You will receive an e-mail when your device ships out.
15. When you're ready to activate your device, just sign in to your account and go to your Device settings to start the process of getting a new Ting number or porting your number from another carrier. Here is a link to the official Ting activation guide