Last updated by Christian Robinette
As part of our ongoing mission to make mobile make sense, Ting, with the help of Amazon, now offers you three ways to streamline your life (you like streamlining, right?):
- Login with Amazon
- Pay with Amazon for device purchases
- Pay with Amazon for monthly bills
You can use one or all of these options. Using Pay with Amazon doesn't require you to use Login with Amazon or vice versa. Use the ones that work for you!
Note: Two-factor authentication cannot be used with Login with Amazon.
Login with Amazon
Pay for purchases with Amazon
The Pay with Amazon option in the order flow allows you purchase devices using your Amazon.com billing information. Some things to remember if you use Pay with Amazon
- Your payment is processed entirely through Amazon--not Ting.
- Using Pay with Amazon for a device purchase does not add any billing information to your Ting account; this is a one-time billing agreement for your device purchase only.
- Because your order payment is being processed by Amazon.com, Ting can't make any changes to your order once you've placed it. You'll have the option to update shipping information while you're placing your order through a widget that connects you to your Amazon.com account. If you want to change anything about your order after the fact, contact us here at Ting so we can cancel the order for you. After that you can make any necessary updates on your Amazon.com account, and then place a new order on Ting.com.
- If you run into any trouble with your credit card payment during the purchase process, you'll want to get in touch with Amazon so they can resolve that for you.
- Your Ting email address doesn't have to be the same as your Amazon.com email address to use Pay with Amazon.
Pay with Amazon for monthly bills
You can also choose Pay with Amazon to pay your monthly Ting bills using your Amazon.com billing information. This creates what's called a "recurring billing agreement" with Amazon.com for your monthly bills. When you pay your recurring Ting bills using Pay with Amazon, you'll get notification of bill payments both from Ting and Amazon.com.Your Ting email address doesn't have to be the same as your Amazon.com email address to use Pay with Amazon.
To set this up just go to the account settings page of your Ting account online, scroll down to the Billing section and then click the edit icon. When the pop-up appears, click Pay with Amazon and follow the prompts to set up your Amazon Payment for Ting.
Disabling pay with Amazon for monthly bills
You can change your billing back to having a credit card on file anytime by simply logging into your Ting account and placing a Visa, MC, American Express or Discover card on file. After that, you'll want to follow the steps below to revoke your Pay with Amazon recurring billing agreement.
- go to https://payments.amazon.com and sign in
- Click "Edit My Account Settings"
- Click the "Manage my payment authorizations" link
- Under Subscriptions, find Ting and then click on Details to the far right
- Click Cancel Authorization
- Click Confirm
This tells the system to start taking payments from the new card you've put on file on Ting.com and not your Amazon billing information. Without this step, the system will continue to use your Pay with Amazon information.