If you've recently activated your phone and it's not yet able to make phone calls or access data, running a profile update may get you up and running.
Before you start
Many LTE devices can run this update over Wi-Fi, but if you're having trouble getting the update to start, or it fails before completing, you may need to disable Wi-Fi and enable data instead. Also, make sure that you're in an area with a good, strong signal when you try this update.
There is some variation between Android phones in where you'll find the profile update option but you'll generally find it in one of a few places in the Settings menu:
- Navigate to Settings.
- Select About phone.
- Look for the option to Update profile. If the option is not under About phone, it may be located in System updates.
Alternatively, the update profile option can be found under:
- Go to Settings.
- Select More and then Mobile networks.
- Tap Carrier settings.
- Select Update profile.
Once you've selected Update profile, all you need to do is wait until it completes.
- Connect to a Wi-Fi network.
- Go to the phone app.
- Dial # # 873283 #.
- Tap Call.
- When the "Starting Service Update" message appears, tap Ok.
- When the "Service Update Complete" message appears (after 30-60 seconds), tap Ok.
You can find the profile update option in most feature phones or non-smartphones in the same spot:
- Select Menu.
- Tap Settings/Tools and Settings.
- Select Others then Data.
- Choose Update data profile.
Once you've selected Update profile, all you need to do is wait until the update completes.