Last updated by Christian Robinette
So you checked out our handy compatibility checker and got your own classy BYOD-eligible device to bring over to Ting. The following steps will show you how to add that device to your Ting account and activate it with a new number.
1. Go to ting.com and click Activate on the blue nav bar.
2. Sign into your Ting account.
3. Click on add another device and enter the ESN or MEID of the device you're bringing to Ting. Then click Check compatibility.
4. If prompted, enter your device's SIM card number or ICCID here and click continue. To find the ICCID ensure your SIM in inserted in the device and check:
- Android: Settings > About Device > Status
- iPhone: Settings > General > About
- Windows: Settings > About > More Info > SIM ID 1
Note: You can also find the ICCID listed on the SIM card itself
5. Choose "Activate a brand new number", confirm your service address and click Continue.
6. Verify your address and then click Yes, continue.
7. If more than one area code is available for your area, choose one from the drop-down and click continue.
8. Confirm your billing information and click Continue.
9. Check all your details one more time, take a look at the Terms of Service and agree to them and then click Continue.
10. Follow the steps on this page to complete your activation and get your device working on the network. You can also find your device on the Ting device guide for activation help. When you've gotten your phone working and clicked on the green It worked button, your new (totally random) phone number will be displayed!
We'll also let you know when your billing cycle begins. If you've activated devices before, your billing cycle will be the same for all of them and is set by the first device you activated.