Last updated by Isabel M
So you checked out our handy compatibility checker and got your own very cool BYOD-eligible device to bring over to Ting. The following steps will show you how to add that device to your account and activate it by swapping a number from one of the other devices already on your Ting account.
1. Go to ting.com and click Activate on the blue nav bar.
2. Sign into your Ting account online using your Ting, Amazon or Persona login information.
6. Choose “Use an existing Ting number”, select the number you want to swap from the drop down and click Next Step.
8. Check all your details one more time, read and agree to the Terms of Service and then click Continue.
9. If you've swapped your number to another CDMA device, follow the steps on this page to complete your activation and get your device working on the network. If the steps don't work, click on the red No luck button to see more troubleshooting steps. If it does work click on the green It worked button.
If you've swapped your phone number to a GSM SIM card, skip to step 11.
10. Your number is now swapped and you can start using your phone right away.
We'll also remind you of your billing cycle. Your billing cycle will be the same as it is for all your other devices and is set by the first device you activated.
Your old phone is now inactive with no number on it and you'll be able to find it in your Device settings with an Activate link next to it. You can reactivate that phone anytime you like.
11. If you've swapped your number to a GSM SIM card, your number will now need to be transferred over to our GSM network. This will take 2-24 hours.
Once your transfer completes you'll get an email from us to let you know. This email will include a link that directs you back to your final activation steps for your device.
For now, sit back and relax!