Last updated by Isabel M
So you checked out our compatibility checker and got your own swanky BYOD-eligible device to bring over to Ting. Plus you want to hang on to that number you’ve had for a while now. The following steps will show you how to create an account, add your device to that account, and activate your device by transferring an existing number from your old carrier.
3. To create Ting login credentials, use a valid and accessible email address and create a password with at least 10 characters. Then click Sign up.
6. Select "Bring a number you already have", enter the number you want to transfer and click Continue. If the number can be ported to Ting you'll proceed to the next page. If it can't, you'll get a message letting you know that here.
7. Fill in the account holder information that's on file with your current carrier in the fields that appear below. For help with port out PIN or password requirements of different carriers, click here.
8. Set up credit card information directly with Ting or choose to Pay with Amazon. If you set up a credit card here, make sure that the address matches what's on your credit card statement. When you've entered all of your billing information, click Continue.
9. Check all your details one more time, take a look at the Terms of Service and agree to them and then click Continue.
10. Your number transfer will take 2-24 hours if it's a mobile phone number, and 5-7 days if it's a land line or VOIP number.
Once your port completes you'll get an email from us to let you know. This email will include a link that will direct you back to your final activation steps for your device.
For now, sit back and relax!