Last updated by Christian Robinette
Now that the new or refurbished device that you ordered from Ting has arrived, you probably want to get it activated as soon as you can. The following steps will show you how to activate a new (or refurbished) Ting phone with a brand new number.
1. Go to ting.com and click activate on the nav bar.
3. Sign into your Ting account.
4. Choose your inactive device and click Select.
5. If your device takes a SIM card, the system will confirm which one you're using. Click to select your SIM card from the drop-down and select the correct ICCID for the SIM provided with the phone.
6 Choose "Activate a brand new number", confirm your service address and click Continue.
7. Verify your address and then click Yes, continue.
8. If more than one area code is available for your area, choose one from the drop-down and click Continue.
9. Confirm your billing information and click Continue.
10. Check all your details one more time, take a look at the Terms of Service and agree to them and then click Continue.
11. Follow the steps on this page to complete your activation and get your device working on the network. You can also find your device on the Ting device guide for activation help. When you've gotten your phone working and clicked on the green It worked button, your new (totally random) phone number will be displayed!
We'll also let you know when your billing cycle begins. If you've activated devices before, your billing cycle will be the same for all of them and is set by the first device you activated.