Last updated by Isabel M
Now that the new or refurbished device that you ordered from Ting has arrived, you probably want to get it activated as soon as you can. The following steps will show you how to activate a new (or refurbished) Ting phone with a brand new number.
1. Go to ting.com and click Activate on the blue nav bar.
3. Sign into your Ting account online using your Ting, Amazon or Persona login information.
5. If your device takes a SIM card, the system will confirm which one you're using. Click Use this SIM or Activate a different SIM card.
8. If more than one area code is available for your area, choose one from the drop down and click Continue.
10. Check all your details one more time, take a look at the Terms of Service and agree to them and then click Continue.
11. Follow the steps on this page to complete your activation and get your device working on the network. If the steps don't work, click on the red No luck button to see more troubleshooting steps. If it does work click on the green It worked button.
12. When you've gotten your phone working and clicked on the green It worked button, your new (totally random) phone number will be displayed!
We'll also let you know when your billing cycle begins. If you've activated devices before, your billing cycle will be the same for all of them and is set by the first device you activated.