Last updated by Isabel M
You’ve just gotten the new or refurbished device you ordered from Ting, but you like a little continuity so you want to keep using your existing number. The following steps will show you how to activate a new (or refurbished) Ting phone by transferring or “porting” a number from your current phone carrier.
1. Go to ting.com and click Activate on the blue nav bar.
3. Sign into your Ting account online using your Ting, Amazon or Persona login information.
5. If your device takes a SIM card, the system will confirm which one you're using. Click Use this SIM or Activate a different SIM card.
6. Select "Bring a number you already have", enter the number you want to transfer and click Continue. If the number can be ported to Ting you'll proceed to the next page. If it can't, you'll get a message letting you know that here.
7. Fill in the account holder information that's on file with your current carrier in the fields that appear below. For help with port out PIN or password requirements of different carriers, click here.
9. Check all your details one more time, read and agree to the Terms of Service and then click Continue.
10. Your number transfer will take 2-24 hours if it's a mobile phone number, and 5-7 days if it's a land line or VOIP number.
Once your port completes you'll get an email from us to let you know. This email will include a link that will direct you back to your final activation steps for your device.
For now, sit back and relax!