Last updated by Isabel M
So you checked out our handy compatibility checker and got your own snazzy BYOD-eligible device to bring over to Ting but you want to keep using a number you’ve had for a while. The following steps will show you how to add that device to your Ting account and activate it by transferring or “porting” a number from your current phone carrier.
1. Go to ting.com and click Activate on the blue nav bar.
2. Sign into your Ting account online using your Ting, Amazon or Persona login information.
6. Select "Bring a number you already have", enter the number you want to transfer and click Continue. If the number can be ported to Ting you'll proceed to the next page. If it can't, you'll get a message letting you know that here.
7. Fill in the account holder information that's on file with your current carrier in the fields that appear below. For help with port out PIN or password requirements of different carriers, click here.
9. Check all your details one more time, take a look at the Terms of Service and agree to them and then click Continue.
10. Your number transfer will take 2-24 hours if it's a mobile phone number, and 5-7 days if it's a land line or VOIP number.
Once your port completes you'll get an email from us to let you know. This email will include a link that will direct you back to your final activation steps for your device.
For now, sit back and relax!