Last updated by Isabel M
So you checked out our handy compatibility checker and got your own classy BYOD-eligible device to bring over to Ting. The following steps will show you how to add that device to your Ting account and activate it with a new number.
1. Go to ting.com and click Activate on the blue nav bar.
2. Sign into your Ting account online using your Ting, Amazon or Persona login information.
4. Enter the IMEI of the device you're bringing to Ting and click Check compatibility. You can also skip this step and go straight to your SIM card if you just want to activate a SIM card and deal with the device later.
5. Choose your SIM card from drop down list. If you don't see it you'll have the option to select that in the drop down and enter it manually. Then click Continue.
8. If more than one area code is available for your area, choose one that corresponds with the city you've entered from the drop down and click Continue.
10. Check all your details one more time, take a look at the Terms of Service and agree to them and then click Continue.
11. If you have a device, insert your SIM card now. Then follow the steps on this page to complete your activation and get your device working on the network.
If the steps don't work, click on the red No luck button to see more troubleshooting steps. If it does work click on the green It worked button.
12. When you've gotten your phone working and clicked on the green It worked button, your new (totally random) phone number will be displayed!
We'll also let you know when your billing cycle begins. If you've activated devices before, your billing cycle will be the same for all of them and is set by the first device you activated.
If you have installed your GSM SIM card in a device, to begin with only your SIM card will show up in your Active device list in your account Device settings.