Last updated by Christian Robinette
Follow the steps below to activate a GSM SIM card by swapping a number from one of the other CDMA devices already on your Ting account.
1. Confirm that your device is compatible with Ting on the GSM network. This can be done by entering the IMEI into the Ting check your phone tool.
2. Sign in to your Ting account.
3. Click the Device settings tab from the menu on the left.
4. Find your SIM number in the inactive devices list and click Activate. If you do not see it click on add a device and enter the number on the back of the card the SIM came in.
5. Select Use an existing Ting number and choose the number from the drop-down
6. Confirm your billing info
7. Check all your details one more time, read and agree to the Terms of Service and then click Continue.
8. Your number swap will take a few hours up to a maximum of 24.
Once the swap completes you'll get an email from us to let you know. If you have a device, install your SIM card in it once you receive this email. The email will include a link that will direct you back to your final activation steps for your device. You can also find your device on the Ting device guide for activation help.
For now, sit back and relax!