Last updated by Ting Help
Some Moto G (First Generation) devices sold by Ting have experienced an error wherein they appear to activate but then cannot make or receive calls, send or receive texts or access data. When trying to make calls you might get a "the account could not be validated" message.
To solve this error, simply follow the steps below.
2. If you're not already connected to a Wi-Fi network, tap Wi-Fi (if you know you are connected to one, skip to step 8).
6. Confirm you're connected to the Wi-Fi network. Then tap the back icon to go back to the home screen.
7. On the home screen, swipe down from the top to open the Notification pane and tap the Quick Settings icon.
11. Download any available updates. The phone may power down initially.
Note: The above process may need to be completed multiple times to bring the device up to Android version 4.4.4. To check your Android version, on your phone, go to Settings > About Phone > Android Version.
Update carrier settings
12. If the phone doesn't start working right away, run a carrier reset after the update has completed:
- Go the dial pad and dial # # 72786 #
- On the SCRTN screen tap Yes
The phone will reboot, go through the activation process. Now it's ready for use.