Last updated by Edward Kirchlechner
Looking to buy a new phone from Ting? You've come to the right place. We'll also answer some of your frequently asked questions. The first thing you need to do is find a phone that fits your needs.
How do I purchase a phone?
If you're ready to purchase a phone from Ting, you must create an account or sign up before getting started. Here's how to do that:
- Go to the Ting shop page
- Choose the phone you want to purchase and click on it. You can use the options on the left to filter the choices or sort differently from the "Sort by" filter at the top of the screen. Each phone listing will highlight the condition of the phone (new or refurbished), the network it is designed for (GSM, CDMA or multi-network) and if it can be financed through Affirm; click on the "?" to get more information on phone financing.
- When you find the phone you are looking to purchase, click on the view details link to proceed or on the picture of the phone to continue.
- Review the phone's specifications so it matches your needs. Choose the appropriate network, color, storage, etc. Select the Buy Now button.
- If you already have an account, please click on Sign in instead. If you do not have an account, now is the time to create your Ting account. Click Sign Up.
- If you're creating a Ting account, enter a valid e-mail address and password. Your password must be at least 10 characters long. Click Sign up.
- Enter your service address (generally this is your home address or where the service will most be used). Click Next step.
- Review your address when prompted, correct it if necessary, and click Confirm.
- Enter your Billing Info. You can add a credit card to your account or choose to Pay with Amazon. If you set up a credit card, make sure that the cardholder and address information entered is what your credit card provider has on file for you.
- Once you've entered your billing information, click Next step. If you wish to purchase through Affirm, follow these instructions.
- Your shipping address will auto-populate based on what we have on file. You can change this. You will also choose your shipping method. If you've used Pay with Amazon, you'll set your shipping information for the order through the Pay with Amazon widget. When you're done, click Next step.
- Now you can confirm all of your order details. If any of the information on this confirmation page is incorrect, click on the corresponding link above and re-enter that information; then click on Confirmation again so you can see what your order details are. Once you're sure they're all correct, click on Complete purchase.
- You've successfully placed the order with Ting. You will receive an e-mail when your phone ships out.
Frequently asked questions
1. Can I use the same e-mail on a 2nd account?
No, if you plan on buying a new phone on a different account, you cannot sign up and complete a purchase using an email address already associated with an existing Ting account. If you do not know the password to existing account, you can reset the password online.
2. Can I use the same credit card on multiple accounts?
For security purposes, you can only use the same credit card on one account. If you try to add the same card to another account, you will receive an error letting you know it is registered to another account.
3. Why is my International credit card being rejected?
Currently, we only accept Canadian and American credit cards. We accept:
- American Express
- Amazon Payment
4. Are you able to ship outside of the US or to an APO, FPO or Puerto Rico?
We currently ship to the US and are unable to ship to outside the US, APO, FPO or Puerto Rico addresses. It must be a full address and not a PO Box.
5. Where do phones ship from?
Our warehouse is located in Starkville, Mississippi.
6. Can I purchase multiple phones at once?
If you are purchasing multiples of the same phone then yes, you can. Just change the number in the quantity field to the number you want to purchase. If you're purchasing different phones, however, you'll need to place separate orders.
7. Can I pay for my phone in installments or over time?
While we do not offer to finance directly, Affirm offers on select new Ting phones.
8. My phone just arrived. What do I do next?
Before you can use your phone with Ting, you must activate it on your account. To learn how to activate your phone, follow the steps the help section called Activating Devices.
9. Does my order require a signature?
To protect and secure your order, packages of a certain value will require a signature. While we understand this may inconvenience some of our customers - who we love dearly - it is a security measure that FedEx insists on having and Ting cannot remove the signature requirement.
10. Can I be alerted when a phone is added to the shop?
If you wish to be alerted when new phones are added to the shop you can do so from your account, via account settings, by toggling the options shown below. To set them to On/Off just click the pencil icon.
11. I placed my order, why hasn't it shipped?
This will happen when there is an address verification service mismatch. This means that the billing address submitted does not match what the bank has on file. When this happens we will reach out to you for the updated information or confirm what the bank has on file.
Still having trouble?
If you've checked all of these things and you're still having trouble getting your order placed, give us a call at 1-855-846-4389 or get in touch by email so we can help you out.