Last updated by Suzanne Thomas
1. What is Glyde?
2. What should I do before buying from Glyde?
3. Can I buy CDMA and GSM devices from Glyde?
Our shop page currently has links for CDMA devices sold through Glyde. Once we have direct links for GSM devices ready, we'll add those to the shop page.
4. What happens when I buy a device from Glyde?
When you purchase a phone through Glyde, they send the seller a prepaid shipping kit, and the seller ships their device directly to you. All devices through Glyde are sold as-is, but are fully functional and include the required components (e.g. battery, charger cable, adapter).
If the device you receive from the seller isn't as-advertised, you are protected by Glyde's return policy, which lets you return a device within 48 hours, before activation on Ting, if there's a problem with it. Once you begin the activation process, the device can no longer be returned.
5. What happens when I receive a device from Glyde?
The first thing you should do when you receive your Glyde device is inspect it to make sure you're happy with the condition of it. You have 48 hours from the time you receive the device to return it if it's damaged, missing pieces, or otherwise not as-advertised. You cannot return the device once you start the activation process at Ting, so make sure you give it a thorough inspection before attempting activation.
When your device is delivered, you'll get an email from Glyde outlining the steps to activate your phone with us. Since the phone you buy from Glyde is a Sprint phone, it will need to go through our BYOD process in order to activate. The steps you'll go through for activation are:
- Visit ting.com/byod
- Enter your device's ESN/MEID/IMEI in the compatibility checker.
- Follow the prompts to activate your device and set up a Ting account if you don't have one already.
6. There is a problem with my order and/or phone. Who do I contact?
If there's an issue with the order itself, you should contact Glyde support at firstname.lastname@example.org. The types of issues you'd contact Glyde about are:
- You are having trouble placing an order.
- Your order is taking too long to arrive.
- The device you received is missing parts, is damaged, does not work, etc.
- You want to cancel your order at Glyde.
- You can't log in to your Glyde account.
If the device is fine but you are having trouble activating it, you should contact Ting support. The types of issues you'd contact us about are:
- You are getting an error during the BYOD process.
- You've completed the BYOD process but can't get the phone to activate or not all of your services are working.
- You're having trouble creating a Ting account or logging in.
7. Can I sell a device I purchased from Ting through Glyde?
No. Unfortunately, at this time, does not support Ting devices in its marketplace. Ting CDMA devices have different network properties that mean they can't simply be sold as Sprint devices.
DO NOT list a Ting device for sale on Glyde as a Sprint device. The buyer will be unable to use the phone and will return it.
8. Can I buy a device directly from Glyde that isn't listed on the Ting's Glyde page?
We recommend that you do not buy phones from Glyde that aren't on the ting.com/shop page because we can't necessarily provide activation support for other devices. Furthermore, some devices simply won't work for BYOD.
*Sprint is a trademark of Sprint.