Last updated by Isabel M
What's an MSL?
An MSL is a 6-digit code unique to your CDMA device that's necessary to access some of your handset's deeper functions, such as wiping a phone number or manually programming in a new one. GSM devices do not have MSL codes.
Where can I find my MSL?
When you activate a device on Ting, we will send you an email that includes the MSL for the phone you just activated.
Occasionally that information doesn't make it into the email, but you can still find your MSL in your Ting account.
To find your MSL:
- Log into your Ting account
- Click on Device settings
- Click the device nickname or phone number
- Your MSL will be listed in Details section of your device settings
What if my phone doesn't accept my MSL?
There are a couple of different reasons why your device may not be accepting the MSL shown in your Ting account:
- Make sure the ESN/MEID number on your Ting account matches the ESN/MEID (sometimes called IMEI) number listed in your device's settings.
- Is your phone rooted or modified in any way? If so, this may be causing the MSL not to be recognized.
- When in doubt, try using the MSL 000000.