Setting or updating your caller ID in the Caller ID section
- In your Ting account head to Device Settings. Click the Device Nick name or Edit icon for the phone number you wish to update.
- Click the Edit icon next to the Caller ID field.
- Choosing your Caller ID
a. By clicking the drop down menu on the left you will have the option to choose between setting your caller ID as Unavailable, Private, Wireless Caller, Blank or you can Customize it!
b. By selecting Custom a secondary box will appear where you can type in the Caller ID of your choosing. Once entered click Save
- Your caller ID can be no more than 15 characters including spaces
- Caller ID can only include numbers and letters
- No special characters like dashes or apostrophes
Blocking your Caller ID in the Minutes section
You can also choose to block your caller ID entirely by simply enabling Block your caller ID in your Minutes settings from your account Device Settings. This change is immediate.
1. Select the Edit icon to the right of Minutes
2. Enable Block your caller ID and click Save
How long till the Caller ID change takes effect?
Your Caller ID may take up to 7 days to start showing up when you call landlines.
If you've recently updated your caller ID, you won't be able to update it again for at least 6 hours.
What if I am using one of your other two networks?
The option to set or customize caller ID is only available on our CDMA network.
If you are using our V1 SIM card you do have the option to Block your caller ID in the Minutes section which is covered above! Our GSM network does not have this feature at this time.
If your caller ID is showing incorrectly and you are using our GSM network or V1 SIM card please get in touch. Currently only have the option to have this updated to Wireless Caller.