We offer the ability to customize how your Caller ID appears when you call a landline for customers on our CDMA network. For customers on other networks, all Caller IDs should default to "Wireless Caller," and we can correct it for anyone who's showing a different name.
CDMA and V1 customers can also enjoy the ability to block their Caller ID from showing when calling.
Setting up your caller ID
- In your Ting account, head to Device Settings.
- Click the Device nickname or Edit icon for the phone number you wish to update.
- Click the Edit icon next to the Caller ID field.
- Choosing your Caller ID.
- a. By clicking the drop-down menu on the left, you will have the option to choose between setting your caller ID as Unavailable, Private, Wireless Caller, Blank, or you can Customize it!
- b. By selecting Custom, a secondary box will appear where you can type in the Caller ID of your choosing. Once entered, click Save.
Caller ID restrictions
- Your caller ID can be no more than 15 characters, including spaces
- Caller ID can only include numbers and letters
- No special characters like dashes or apostrophes
Blocking your Caller ID
You can also block your caller ID entirely by simply enabling Block your caller ID in your Minutes settings from your account Device Settings. This change is immediate.
- Select the Edit icon to the right of Minutes.
- Enable Block your caller ID and click Save.
How long till the Caller ID change takes effect?
Your Caller ID may take up to 7 days to start showing up when you call landlines.
If you've recently updated your Caller ID, you won't be able to edit it again for at least six hours.