1. How can I make a payment for my Ting service?
Ting payment is monthly and entirely automated. You just make sure you have a valid Visa, Mastercard, American Express or Discover card on file and we will take it from there. You can also use Amazon Payments to pay your monthly bill.
Your payment will be processed every month within a few days of your billing date.
Of course, you can always look at your current usage, your latest bill and your past bills.
2. What kinds of payments are accepted?
Ting accepts Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover or you can use Amazon Payments.
3. How is my billing date determined?
Your billing date is set when your first device is activated. If you're porting a number, then your billing cycle begins on the day that your port completes.
For example, if you are activated on the 13th of a month, your pay period will always be from the 13th to the 12th. All subsequent devices added to your account will join that same pay period regardless of when they are activated.
4. When and where will I get my bill?
Ting bills are exclusively online. (That is the sort of cost saving that allows us to offer the rates we do.)
- You can view your running usage any time throughout the month on the Your account (Dashboard) page.
- You can view past bills at any time on the Bills page.
- Your latest bill will appear at the top of the Bills page at the end of each pay period.
5. When will my credit card be charged?
You'll be charged 2-4 days after the end of your billing cycle. We'll send you an e-mail once your bill has been charged to the payment method you have on file.
6. How do I read my bill?
Our goal was to make our bill so easy to read that we don't actually have to answer the question "How do I read my bill?." Check it out by clicking one of the bills in the Billing History section and let us know.
It will include:
- what you used last month
- charges for international calls, directory assistance or anything that falls outside of the standard, billable usage
- your $6 monthly active line fee (this applies to each number activated during your billing period as explained here)
- taxes and regulatory fees
There are links so you can see as much or as little detail (for example, lists of phone calls) as you need.
Just in case, for a more detailed explanation of what you'll see on your bill, check out this article about a typical bill.
7. How do I print my bill?
You can print your bill directly from the ting.com website.
- First, locate the bill you wish to print by visiting Bills (the shortcut URL is https://ting.com/account/bill_history).
- Find the bill you wish to print in the transaction history and click on it.
- Click on the PDF at the top of the bill and then select Print from the dialog box.
8. Will you mail my invoice to me?
Ting's service is entirely online so we do not send bills out by mail. You can print a PDF version of your bill from the Bills section of your account online (see previous question).
9. What fees or taxes will I have to pay with Ting?
We are obligated to collect various taxes and regulatory fees on behalf of federal, state and local governments. It varies depending on where you live and it can change from time to time. When you receive your bill, you'll get an itemized account of all of these fees and taxes. We don't add any "recovery fees" or hide anything that isn't truly required in this charge.
For more information about taxes and fees, click here.
Account Cancellations & Suspensions
How do I suspend / un-suspend my wireless service?
If you want to temporarily suspend your wireless service, you can do so from your Device settings:
- Click on the device you want to work with
- Click the edit icon (pencil) next to Status in the Device details
- Choose Suspend this device from the dropdown
Keep in mind that you will still be charged the monthly $6 active line fee to keep from losing your number. You will not be able to make or receive calls, send or receive texts or use data while the line is suspended.
How do I cancel my account?
Log into your Ting account, click on Settings, select "Cancel this account," and follow the prompts.
Some very important things to keep in mind about canceling your account:
- Your account will close within 48 hours.
- Your devices will be deactivated automatically within 48 hours.
- Your account can still incur usage until the end of that 48 hours unless you deactivate those devices right away.
- If you want to port out your numbers, make sure to do so before canceling your account to give yourself sufficient time.
- Your last bill will be available within about a week of your cancelation and your credit or debit card will be billed for your usage and any outstanding charges.
If you change your mind for any reason, it may be possible to reinstate your account within that 48-hour period. Give us a call at 1-855-846-4389 so we can check on that for you.