Last updated by Isabel M
Logging into the web-based console
You'll need to log into the web-based console for your residential gateway in order to change make configuration changes. To log in:
- Connect to your residential gateway, either with an Ethernet cable or by Wi-Fi (you do not need to have Internet access to do this).
- In a browser window go to http://192.168.1.1
- Your username and password will be on a sticker on the unit and is unique to your residential gateway; enter them.
- Click Login.
Changing Your SSID (Network Name) or Password
To change the SSID or network name of your wireless network:
- Click Quick Start.
Your Wi-Fi connected devices will lose connection until you have connected to the new network name that you've set up.
Setting Parental Controls
You can schedule access to the Internet for specific devices or block access to specific sites or services.
To access these options, click Advanced.
To schedule access to the Internet:
- In the Advanced menu, click Scheduling Access.
- Select Device or MAC Address to choose what will be displayed in the drop down.
- Choose your desired device or MAC address from the drop down menu.
- Set the days of the week and time ranges within which to allow Internet access.
- Click Add.
Scheduled devices will appear in the Device acess List with details.
To remove a schedule for a device, click Remove.
- Choose a service from the drop down list.
- Select Device or IP Address to choose what will be displayed in the drop down.
- Choose your desired device or IP address from the Associate Service With drop down menu.
- Click Apply.
- Fill in all the fields.
- Click Apply.
This service will now be an option in the Service drop down list.