Last updated by Isabel M
You’ve just gotten the new or refurbished GSM device you ordered from Ting, but you like a little continuity so you want to keep using your existing number. The following steps will show you how to activate a new (or refurbished) Ting phone by transferring or “porting” a number from your current phone carrier.
1. Go to ting.com and click Sign up / Sign in.
2. Sign into your Ting account using your Ting, Amazon or Persona login information.
4. Scroll to your Inactive devices and click activate next to the GSM SIM card that you want to activate. You will not see your inactive GSM device here--don't worry!
5. Select "Bring a number you already have", enter the number you want to transfer and click Continue. If the number can be ported to Ting you'll proceed to the next page. If it can't, you'll get a message letting you know that here.
6. Fill in the account holder information that's on file with your current carrier in the fields that appear below. For help with port out PIN or password requirements of different carriers, click here.
8. Check all your details one more time, take a look at the Terms of Service and agree to them and then click Continue.
9. Your number transfer will take 2-24 hours if it's a mobile phone number, and 5-7 days if it's a land line or VOIP number.
Once your port completes you'll get an email from us to let you know. Install your SIM card in your device once you receive this email. The email will include a link that will direct you back to your final activation steps for your device.
For now, sit back and relax!
While your number is transfering, and when it first transfers, only your GSM SIM card will show up in your Active device list in your account Device settings.