Last updated by Christian Robinette
3. To create Ting login credentials, use a valid and accessible email address and create a password with at least 10 characters. Then click Sign up.
4. Enter the ESN or IMEI of the device you're bringing to Ting. Then click Check compatibility. If you have a GSM SIM you can click to skip this step and proceed to activate the SIM.
6. Click Select under Activate a brand new number. Then enter your service address and click Continue.
8. If more than one area code is available for your area, choose one that corresponds with the city you've entered from the drop down and click Continue.
9. Set up credit card information directly with Ting or choose to Pay with Amazon. If you set up a credit card here, make sure that the address matches what's on your credit card statement. When you've entered all of your billing information, click Continue.
10. Check all your details one more time, take a look at the Terms of Service and agree to them and then click Continue.
11. If you have a device, insert your SIM card now. Then follow the steps on this page to complete your activation and get your device working on the network.
If the steps don't work, click on the red No luck button to see more troubleshooting steps. If it does work click on the green It worked button.
12. When you've gotten your phone working and clicked on the green It worked button, your new (totally random) phone number will be displayed!
We'll also let you know when your billing cycle begins. If you've activated devices before, your billing cycle will be the same for all of them and is set by the first device you activated.
If you have installed your GSM SIM card in a device, to begin with only your SIM card will show up in your Active device list in your account Device settings.