The Cel-Fi is an easy-to-use system that boosts signal from the GSM network in your home or office without Internet or GPS connectivity.
The system consists of two units
- window (or network) unit
- coverage unit
The window unit is placed at the point where the 3G signal is strongest and the coverage unit is placed in the center of your home or office. The coverage unit then transmits signal from the window unit significantly improving signal in the area for both voice and data.
Using the Cel-Fi Signal Booster requires:
- A 3G-compatible GSM device
- If you have a 4G or LTE device, make sure your device is set to use 3G data as well (see image below)
- An area inside the home that receives at least one bar of 3G signal or better (4G or LTE)
- Easily accessible power outlets
A device connected to the Cel-Fi will place calls even if both data and Wi-Fi are disabled and Wi-Fi calling works while device is connected to Cel-Fi.
A. Find the spot with the best 3G coverage.
- Use your GSM device to find the area in your home or office with the most bars of 3G signal. This will usually be near a window and on the highest floor.
- You must see the 3G signal (or 4G or LTE) signal icon on your device.
B. Plug in the window unit and check the signal strength.
- Attach one of the provided power supplies to the window unit. It doesn't matter which one you use because they're both the same.
- Plug the window unit into an easily accessible outlet near the area with the strongest 3G signal (or better).
- There should be at least one bar of signal showing up on the unit. If there isn't, you'll need to move it to another spot.
C. Plug in the coverage unit and find the best spot for it
- Find the spot in your home that is in most need of improved coverage (or where you'll use your device the most). The coverage unit should be placed as far away form the window unit as possible.
- Plug in the coverage unit and wait for the LEDs on the display to stop cycling; this might take several minutes.
- Once it stops, check the display. If the device is set up properly, the green icon will appear on the display to the left of the number.
- For the best signal, move the coverage unit around until it displays an 8 or 9 for coverage quality.
- If the coverage unit is too far away from the window unit, a red icon will show up on the display and you'll need to change its location.
If you're seeing errors E5 or E7 or the steps above haven't helped, get in touch!