Last updated by Isabel M
Ting SIM Cards
1. How long will it take for my Ting SIM card to arrive?
Barring any delays due to weather or other circumstances, your Ting SIM card should arrive within 3 business days.
2. How can I check on the status of my SIM card order?
Once you have successfully placed an order, you will receive an email confirmation. You will also receive an email with tracking information once the order has been shipped.
3. Will I still receive the $75 credit if I buy a Ting SIM card from a store and not from the Ting shop online?
Yes. While we always recommend purchasing the Ting SIM directly from our shop page, you can also purchase them in-store at select retail locations such as Krogers and Staples. However, we cannot guarantee stock at these locations and we are not able to check their inventory levels for you. Your best bet is to order it right from our shop page. You will still receive the $75 credit as long as you use the ptel.ting.com link to sign up and create an account with us.
Transferring Your Phone Number
1. What information do I need to get the transfer started?
You will need your account number and your account PIN. PTel has confirmed that your account number will be your 10-digit phone number and your PIN will be 0000.
2. Can I start the the process of transferring my number to Ting before my SIM card arrives?
No. You must wait until your SIM card arrives. Once it's in your hands, you can start your number transfer.
3. Will I be able to transfer my number from PTel to Ting after January 31st?
Yes. You will have until February 5, 2016 to transfer your phone number out of PTel. After that date, however, you will lose your phone number.
4. Once I create an account, where do I find the steps to transfer my PTel number?
Transfering your phone number to Ting is super easy. Once your SIM card arrives, log into your Ting account and click Activate on the top right hand corner. Select your SIM card (the number on it will be listed there) and then follow the prompts. When you get to the number selection step just make sure to choose Bring a number you already have. You can review the steps in advance here.
Remember, you will need to have your Ting SIM in hand and a compatible GSM device. To check if your device is compatible enter your device's IMEI here.
5. How long will it take to transfer my PTel number over to Ting?
Phone number transfers generally take anywhere from 2-24 hours. At that point, you will receive an activation email from us with steps to get your service up and running with Ting.
6. Will I have service while my number is being transfered?
Your phone number will still work until the transfer completes and/or PTel shuts down service.
1. How do your rates work? Do you have “family plans” or should I "buy" minutes from Ting after ordering a SIM card?
Ting is not a pay-as-you-go service. We’re a post-paid service where you “pay for what they use" at the end of your billing cycle. No plans, no topping up necessary. Simply use your phone as you would and you’ll be placed in the right rate bucket at the end of each billing cycle. Head over to our Rates page to have a look at the numbers and how much you’ll likely be paying at the end of each month.
2. If I currently have a family plan or multiple lines, do we each get $75 or just one credit per account?
The offer is for one $75 credit per account, regardless of how many phones are attached to the account.
3. Will the $75 credit expire if I don't use it right away? Is there a contract with that credit?
No. Your $75 credit will be applied towards each month’s bill until used up. We don’t believe in contracts here at Ting. We like to think our affordable rates and super awesome support would be a reason to stay.