Last updated by Christian Robinette
Purchasing a new phone from Ting? You are one step closer to a superior cellphone service experience. There's no need to create an account until you're ready to activate service. If you are are an existing customer, enjoy your upgrade. Trust us, your friends will be jealous. We've also included an FAQ section below to help answer your questions
- Go to Ting.com and click on Shop.
- Use the filters on the left-hand side-bar to narrow down your search for the perfect phone.
- Choose the phone you want to purchase and click on it. The listings for each phone will show if it's new or refurbished, if it works on CDMA or GSM or both, and if it can be financed via Affirm, if it comes in a selection of colors and the price it is currently on sale for.
- Review the condition, network, color, storage, quantity, etc. Click Buy Now.
Note: The expected shipping date will also be listed beside Quantity. Not all phones ship on the day of purchase.
Note: You can review the Ting Warranty policy anytime, as well as our Ting guarantee.
- At this point, choose Sign in, Create an account or Create an account after checkout.
Note: You will need an account to activate your device once it arrives.
- Your order will be displayed in the top right for you to review or cancel at any time. This will show the price for the phone as well as any additional charges for extras such as Apple Care.
- Enter the shipping information and click Continue.
Note: We don't ship outside of the US and we can't ship to PO boxes. We do not ship to APO, FPO or Puerto Rico at this time.
- Choose a shipping option and click Continue.
- Pay for your order with a credit card, Amazon pay or monthly payments with Affirm. Edit the billing address if it is not the same as the shipping address. Enter your contact email address and phone number. Click Continue.
Note: The email you select will need to be one not already in use on another account. You will also be presented with the option to create an account using this email after check-out.
- Review all the details. Click Edit if any corrections are needed. Place Order once you are certain the information is accurate.
- You will get a confirmation message that the order has completed. Once it ships, we will also email you a link to your tracking information.
Note: Packages of a certain value will require a signature upon delivery. This is a security measure that FedEx insists on having and Ting cannot remove the signature requirement.
- You will also be sent an email to create an account. Click on the link in the email to Create a password. Once this is done, log in using the email address you specified in the order.
Frequently asked questions
1. Can I use the same e-mail on a 2nd account?
No, you cannot sign up and complete a purchase using an email address already associated with an existing Ting account. If you do not know the password to existing account, you can reset the password online.
2. Can I use the same credit card on multiple accounts?
For security purposes, you can only use the same credit card on one account. If you try to add the same card to another account, you will receive an error letting you know it is registered to another account.
3. Why is my International credit card being rejected?
Currently, we only accept Canadian and American credit cards. We accept:
- American Express
- Amazon Payment
4. Are you able to ship outside of the US or to an APO, FPO or Puerto Rico?
We currently ship to the US and are unable to ship to outside the US, APO, FPO or Puerto Rico addresses. It must be a full address and not a PO Box.
5. Where do phones ship from?
Our warehouse is located in Starkville, Mississippi.
6. Can I purchase multiple phones at once?
If you are purchasing multiples of the same phone then yes, you can. Just change the number in the quantity field to the number you want to purchase. If you're purchasing different phones, however, you'll need to place separate orders.
7. Can I pay for my phone in installments or over time?
While we do not offer to finance directly, Affirm offers on select new Ting phones.
8. My phone just arrived. What do I do next?
Before you can use your phone with Ting, you must activate it on your Ting account. To learn how to activate your phone, follow the steps in the Ting activation guide. If you did not create an account when ordering, you can create a password for the email used for your order by using the forgot my password link.
9. Does my order require a signature?
To protect and secure your order, packages of a certain value will require a signature. While we understand this may inconvenience some of our customers - who we love dearly - it is a security measure that FedEx insists on having and Ting cannot remove the signature requirement.
10. Can I be alerted when a phone is added to the shop?
If you wish to be alerted when new phones are added to the shop you can do so from your Ting account, via account settings, by toggling the options shown below. To set them to On/Off just click the pencil icon.
11. I placed my order, why hasn't it shipped?
This will happen when there is an address verification service mismatch. This means that the billing address submitted does not match what the bank has on file. When this happens we will reach out to you for the updated information or confirm what the bank has on file.
Still having trouble?
If you've checked all of these things and you're still having trouble getting your order placed, give us a call at 1-855-846-4389 or get in touch so we can help you out.