Last updated by Kristian Thornhill
Expanding the options on how to back up your phone, Samsung Cloud came onto the market in 2016 to help you back up everything, including photographs.
Here are the steps on how to back up your phone using Samsung Cloud.
(Note: Samsung Cloud is not available on Verizon devices)
As long as your Samsung phone is one of the following, you should find Samsung Cloud in your settings
- Galaxy S9 / S9+
- Galaxy S8 / S8+ / Active
- Galaxy S7 / S7 Edge / Active
- Galaxy S6 / S6+ / S6 Edge / Active
- Galaxy Note 9
- Galaxy Note 8
- Galaxy Note 5
- Galaxy Note 4
- Note Edge
- Galaxy J3 (2016, 2017)
- Galaxy J7 (2016, 2017)
How to back up using Samsung Cloud
- From the Home Screen, go to Apps.
- Go to Settings
- Go to Samsung Cloud
- Choose Back up my data - choosing Restore will restore data from your last back up.
- After choosing Back up my data, turn on each item you want to back up in the Settings menu and choose Back up now