We think our rates are pretty nifty since we only charge you for what you use each month which lets you control your charges, so you're not paying for something you don't use.
Since your bill tailors itself to your usage every month, months where you don't use your phone often, you'll pay less and months where you need more, you'll just have a little higher bill, rather than paying overages. There's no need to pick anything ahead of time or to build yourself a cushion "just in case."
Our interactive online rates guide can help with most questions, but here's a more detailed table, as well as some frequently asked questions to put you in the know from the get-go.
- Does Ting have any activation fees, transfer fees, or start-up fees?
- How am I billed for phone calls and text messages?
- Do I need a separate data plan because I have a smartphone?
- How are Ting-to-Ting calls billed?
- Are there any surcharges when I'm roaming?
- What about long distance calls?
1. Does Ting have any activation fees, transfer fees, or start-up fees?
There are no start-up fees with Ting. We don't charge extra to activate or transfer your number over from another provider, and if you want to swap all your phones around on your account, there's no charge for that either.
2. How am I billed for phone calls and text messages?
Ting usage for voice and text is billed for both outgoing and incoming usage. Voice usage is billed by the minute and rounded up to the nearest minute so if you make a call that lasts for 10 minutes and 45 seconds; we round your call to 11 minutes. For text messages, you are billed for messages that are sent and received.
3. Do I need a separate data plan because I have a smartphone?
Not at all! Since Ting doesn't have any sorts of plans, you only pay for what you use. If you want to use data on your phone, then some data usage will accumulate and will be added to your bill. If you don't use any data—or calls or texts for that matter—then you wouldn't be charged for that use that month, only your $6 line fee.
4. How are Ting-to-Ting calls billed?
If you place a call to another Ting user, both users are billed for the call because two parties are accessing the network. If both users are on the same account, a call that lasted 5 minutes will result in 10 minutes total billed on that account.
5. Are there any surcharges when I'm roaming?
There is no charge for voice or text roaming—data roaming is unavailable—while you're within the US. If you travel internationally, there may be some additional charges for international use.
6. What about long distance calls?
Ting offers international calling free to over 60 countries! For the countries that aren't covered, you would be charged for your regular minutes plus the additional per minute surcharge.
Calls to anywhere in the US are free of any additional surcharges and will only count as minutes.