Do you want to activate your new phone from the Ting shop or Ting compatible phone with a new number? Are you not sure where to start? You've come to the right place! This article will guide you through getting your phone up and running with a new Ting number on our Ting network.
- Go to Ting.com and click Activate.
- Sign into your Ting account by entering your email and password and clicking Sign in, or select Create one to begin creating your new Ting account if needed.
- Select your Ting SIM card you will be using or your CDMA phone. If you do not see it here, Select Bring your own device and enter the IMEI.
- If you are asked, enter your SIM card number (ICCID). This can be found on the back of the card the SIM came with, or on the SIM itself and Continue.
Click on Select under Activate a brand new number and enter the address you will mainly be using the phone around and Continue. We will use this address to assign you a local number and area code.
- Confirm the address is correct and click Yes, continue.
- If more than one area code is available for your area, choose one from the drop-down provided and click Continue. The system will place a priority on this area code for you if it is available.
- Confirm, edit or add your form of payment. If continuing with the same method of payment, Confirm and continue to the next step. If you are updating the existing info click Edit and add the information. If you are adding the information, enter the details and click Continue.
If you need any help, you can also check out Ting's Payment options.
- Have a look at the summary of the information entered so far, take a look at the Terms of Service and agree to them, and then click Continue.
- Insert your SIM card into your phone now if you have not yet. Follow the steps on this page to complete your activation and get your device working on the network.
- When you've gotten your phone working and clicked on the It worked button, your new Ting phone number will be displayed!
Note: We'll also let you know when your billing cycle begins. If you've activated phones before, your billing cycle will be the same for all of them and is set by the first device you activated. You can change your billing date if needed, get in touch for help with that.
Still having problems?
If you are still having issues activating your phone with a new number, feel free to get in touch.