Are you looking to activate your new phone with your existing Ting number? If you are unsure where to start, this article will walk you through how to move your current Ting number to your new phone.
Note: If you are using a V1 or X3 SIM card, you can swap the SIM to the new phone to activate it. If you are currently using our CDMA network, you'll need a new SIM card to complete the swap.
- Go to Ting.com and select Sign up | Activate.
- Select if you're bringing your own phone to Ting or if you want to browse for a new phone and click Let's go.
- Enter the IMEI of your device and click Check.
Note: If available, you can choose a device you purchased from Ting or devices you have used previously from a list of devices and click Next step. If you want to activate a phone that isn't on the list, select Add a phone.
- If your device is compatible with Ting, you can either purchase a new SIM card by clicking Get a SIM or check the SIM card you may already have by clicking Check SIM.
- If you have a SIM card from Ting, enter the SIM card number (ICCID) and click Continue.
- Enter your service address to check your coverage and click Next.
- If you haven't yet picked a new plan, you'll have the opportunity to select the plan that you want for your account. If your account has already chosen a plan, this number will be added to the same plan as your other phones.
- Select Move a number and choose the phone number you would like to use from the drop-down menu, then click Next.
- Review or Edit your billing information and select Continue.
- Check all your details one more time, read and agree to the Terms of Service and click Next.
- Swapping your number to your new phone will create a port request which can take up to 24 hours to complete. Once your transfer is complete, you'll get an email from us letting you know, along with your next steps.