Are you looking to move your existing Ting number to a new phone? If you are not sure where to start, this article will walk you through how to move your current Ting number to your new phone.
If you are using a V1 or X1 SIM card, you can swap the SIM to the new phone to activate it.
If you are moving your number between our networks, or if you are moving your number between CDMA phones, please follow the steps outlined below:
- Go to Ting.com and click Sign up/Activate.
- Sign in to your Ting account by entering your email and password and click Sign in.
- If you see the phone you are activating or your GSM SIM here select it. If you do not see the phone or SIM here, select Add a device and enter your phone's IMEI.
- If prompted, enter your SIM card number (ICCID) found on the back of the card the SIM came with, or on the SIM itself and select Continue.
- If prompted, enter the details for your service address and select Next.
- Click on Move a number and select your number and click Next.
- Confirm or Edit your billing information and Continue.
- Check all your details one more time, read and agree to the Terms of Service and click Next.
Follow the next steps to complete your activation and make a test call on the next page.
If you are swapping between our networks, your number will need to be transferred. This could take up to 24 hours to complete. Once your transfer is complete you'll get an email from us letting you know, along with your next steps.