Moving your phone number from your current CDMA SIM card to your new Ting SIM card has never been easier. Once you receive your replacement SIM card, you can head to your Ting dashboard to begin the process of activating your phone number to your new SIM card for service.
Note: If you're switching to Ting's new price plans, make sure to message us, and we'll swap your number for you. If you're already using a V1 or X3 SIM card and want to switch phones, you can move your existing SIM card to your new phone and be set to go!
- Go to Ting.com and select Sign up | Activate.
- Select if you're bringing your own phone to Ting or if you want to browse for a new phone and click Let's go.
- Enter the IMEI of your device and click Check.
Note: If available, you can choose a device you purchased from Ting or devices you have used previously from a list of devices and click Next step. If you want to activate a phone that isn't on the list, select Add a phone.
- If your device is compatible with Ting, you can either purchase a new SIM card by clicking Get a SIM or check the SIM card you may already have by clicking Check SIM.
- If you have a SIM card from Ting, enter the SIM card number (ICCID) and click Continue.
- Enter your service address to check your coverage and click Next.
- Select Move a number and choose the phone number you would like to use from the drop-down menu, then click Next.
- Review or Edit your billing information and select Continue.
- Check all your details one more time, read and agree to the Terms of Service and click Next.
- Swapping your number to your new phone will create a port request which can take up to 24 hours to complete. Once your transfer is complete, you'll get an email from us letting you know, along with your next steps.