Are you looking to move your existing Ting number to a new phone? If you are not sure where to start, this article will walk you through how to move your current Ting number to your new phone.
If you are looking to swap your number from one GSM phone to another, simply swap the SIM between the phones.
If you are moving your number from our GSM network to our CDMA network, or if you are moving your number between CDMA phones, please follow the steps outlined below:
- Go to Ting.com and click Activate.
- Sign into your Ting account by entering your email and password and click Sign in
- If you see the phone you are activating or your GSM SIM here, click Select. If you do not see the phone or SIM here, Select Bring your own device and enter your phone's IMEI.
- If you are asked, enter your SIM card number (ICCID). This can be found on the back of the card the SIM came with, or on the SIM itself and continue.
- Click on Select under Use an existing Ting number and find the number you are moving, then click Next step.
- Confirm or Edit your billing information and Continue.
- Check all your details one more time, read and agree to the Terms of Service and click Confirm.
Follow the next steps to complete your activation and make a test call on the next page. You can also find your device on the Ting device guide for more activation help. Once you have successfully made a test call, click It worked.
If you are swapping between our GSM and CDMA networks, your number will need to be transferred. This could take up to 24 hours to complete. Once your transfer is complete you'll get an email from us letting you know, along with your next steps.