Youmail is a handy app for blocking robocalls and can also provide Visual Voicemail service. This guide is to help get your phone set up using Youmail for Visual Voicemail.
Activating Youmail with Ting
- Download the app from the app store or Play Store
- Open the app and tap get started
- Create an account by entering your phone number and email address
- Enter your account info, for carrier select Sprint for CDMA or Ting for our other network.
Note: Your selection simply populates the pertinent call forwarding codes.
- Read the messages about contact/notification access and choose don't allow or OK.
Note: Youmail require both permissions to work properly
- Tap Activate
- Allow the activation to complete by calling the specified codes and follow the prompts
- Tap Verify Activation
- Decline the call from Youmail
- Tap Done
You can now access Settings via the Menu icon (☰) to customize your greeting and make other changes to your account. Youmail provide some helpful tips via their knowledgebase on how you can also customize your setup.
Once setup is complete you can also navigate to Settings > Phone > Call Blocking & Identification if you'd like to setup Spam/Call blocking
At any time you can disable Youmail from Settings > Activation > Return to Carrier's Voicemail