If you’re used to using the FreedomPop VoIP application for calls and texting, switching over to Ting and not being able to use that app may take you into unfamiliar territory. This should provide you with the information to make calls and send texts using either an iOS or Android phone. For information specific to your phone, and to check out some of the other features of your phone, many of the manufacturer’s sites have online help and tutorials on how to use your phone.
To start a call in the Phone app , dial the number on the keypad, tap a favorite or recent call, or choose a number in your Contacts list.
- Tap Keypad.
- Do any of the following:
- Use a different line: On models with Dual SIM, tap the line at the top, then choose a line.
- Enter the number using the keypad: If you make a mistake, tap .
- Redial the last number: Tap to see the last number you dialed, then tap to call that number.
- Paste a number you’ve copied: Tap the phone number field above the keypad, then tap Paste.
- Enter a soft (2-second) pause: Touch and hold the star (*) key until a comma appears.
- Enter a hard pause (to pause dialing until you tap the Dial button): Touch and hold the “#” key until a semicolon appears.
- Enter a “+” for international calls: Touch and hold the “0” key until “+” appears.
Use the Messages app to send and receive texts, photos, videos, and more using the iMessage or SMS/MMS service. With iMessage, you can enhance your messages with bubble effects, invisible ink, full-screen effects, and more.
WARNING: For important information about avoiding distractions while driving, see Important safety information for iPhone.
Start a conversation
In Messages, you can have a conversation with one or more people.
- In the Messages list, tap .
- Enter the phone number or Apple ID of each recipient, or tap , then choose contacts.
- On models with Dual SIM, to send an SMS/MMS message from a different line, tap the line shown, then choose the other line. See also Manage your cellular plans.
- Tap the text field, type your message, then tap to send it.
An alert appears if a message can’t be sent. Tap the alert to try sending the message again.
Tip: To see what time a message was sent or received, drag a bubble to the left.
Tap the Phone icon (lower left icon on the home screen)
Tap the Keypad icon from within the phone app
Type in the number you wish to call and then press the call icon at the bottom of the screen. Calls within the U.S. require the full 10 digit number.
When done, tap the end call button at the bottom of the screen.
Tap the messages icon on the home page
Tap the new message icon at the bottom right
Type in the phone number or start typing in the name of the contact you want to send the message to and select them from the list
Tap Enter Message and write your message
Once you have the message ready to go, tap send