I am a new Ting customer. I have a android phone. The problem is that I cannot make calls if I use my google voice number as my caller ID. Here is what I did:
1. installed google voice app on the phone, in the settings, I choose to use my google voice number for ALL calls.
2. In my Ting online account, device settings, I have:
- Can use call forwarding Enabled
- Can use call forward busy Enabled
- Can use call forward no answer Enabled
- Block your caller ID Disabled
For the 2nd and 3rd option, I also use my google voice number for the forwarding.
After all these, when I tried to make a call, there is no dialing tone, and the only thing I hear is a voice prompt: Thank you for calling operator services provided by Spring...
The call just cannot go through.
If I choose not to use my google voice number (in the Google Voice app settings), I can make calls, and my Ting number can be displayed as the caller ID.
Anybody could help? Thank you!