Users currently have very little control over the forum options.
- We are auto-subscribed to threads we create or reply to, and have to constantly hit the "unsubscribe" button after every reply or suffer updates about every reply on the thread.
- Although we can edit the topmost post, there is currently no way to edit a comment.
- There is no way to privately message a member on the forum. (thanks for the reminder Brian, this would also be hugely useful)
- There is no central place to see and manage all subscribed threads.
- There is no way to specify a separate email for our Ting account and the forums short of making two accounts (I want to separate Ting account email from forum email into different mail folders to cut down on the spam, and this is proving difficult).
- There is no way to specify a separate name than that of our Ting account.
- There is no way to specify/remove an avatar without mucking with gravatar (honestly I could care less about this, but it might matter to some people).
As cool as zendesk is, especially in making admin life much easier, it would be nice to have a bit more control over things on our end...