For the last couple of weeks or so, I have been receiving this error on my primary Google account in the Play store on my HTC One M7. I have tried pretty much all the "fixes" I could find for this and still no luck for a permanent solution. Here's the list of things I have already tried:
- Factory Reset.
- Checking and applying any system updates.
- Uninstalling Google Play Store updates from Settings->Apps (This work temporarily for about 5 minutes until the Play Store automatically updates)
- Clearing the Data and Cache from Download Manager, Google Services Framework, and Google Play Store.
- Restarting the Device multiple times including leaving the device turned off for a couple of minutes before turning it back on.
- Removing and re-adding the problematic Google account from Settings->Accounts.
- Trying these steps on both Cellular and 802.11 wireless.
I can still get my gmail for this account along with installing apps from the web based version of the play store. But I cannot update apps that are already installed. At this point I am out of ideas to try on this phone.