Google Play Store: Error Retrieving information from Server [DF-DFERH-01]
Answered

For the last couple of weeks or so, I have been receiving this error on my primary Google account in the Play store on my HTC One M7.  I have tried pretty much all the "fixes" I could find for this and still no luck for a permanent solution.  Here's the list of things I have already tried:

  1. Factory Reset.
  2. Checking and applying any system updates.
  3. Uninstalling Google Play Store updates from Settings->Apps (This work temporarily for about 5 minutes until the Play Store automatically updates)
  4. Clearing the Data and Cache from Download Manager, Google Services Framework, and Google Play Store.
  5. Restarting the Device multiple times including leaving the device turned off for a couple of minutes before turning it back on.
  6. Removing and re-adding the problematic Google account from Settings->Accounts.
  7. Trying these steps on both Cellular and 802.11 wireless.

I can still get my gmail for this account along with installing apps from the web based version of the play store.  But I cannot update apps that are already installed.  At this point I am out of ideas to try on this phone.

1

Comments

15 comments
  • 0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • I have tried all the things except for one thing that a person tried in the comments of clearing Data and Cache from Google Play Services.  I did this along with clearing the data and cache from Download Manager, Google Services Framework, and Google Play Store.  This did not help and I still have the error.

    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • I've been having this exact same issue for about two weeks now on my HTC One M7.

    The one thing that sounds different is that I went through and cleared all the cached data from every Google App that is on my phone. Now I can get into the Play store more frequently, I still have to periodically go in and clear data for the Google Play Store and Google Services Framework, but I can never get into the "Shop apps" section.

     

    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • I ran across this in the XDA forums.

    http://forum.xda-developers.com/htc-one/help/error-play-store-df-dferh-01-t3062901

    I haven't tried using a different Google account on my phone, but it looks like we might just have to wait for Google to fix what ever is causing the problem.

    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • I had a feeling it was going to be something like that.  Oh well, hopefully they come out with a new version soon.  Thanks.

    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Same error here (for weeks). Also on Ting HTC One M7.  Wondering if this problem is just happening on this phone model.

    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • +1 HTC ONE (m7) same Issue for weeks two android updates have occurred march-april and ... no dice the 

    DF-DFERH-01

    issue Google Play Store won't go AWAY!

    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Go to Settings ---> Apps --> Google Play services ---> Force Stop ---> Delete Both Temp files (cache and the other one) ---> Force Stop Again ---> Uninstall to Original Verison ---> Relaunch app update your apps....then restart the phone for the problem to return again...

    :(

    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • I've got the same issue with my One M7.  I've tried clearing the Data and Cache for all the app and services mentioned above. I've tried removing and adding multiple different google acounts.  The error always returns.

    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Same problem, same phone. Have tried everything, including a factory reset. It's becoming infuriating, and seems to be happening to most M7 owners using Sprint MVNOs.

    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • At this point, I'm waiting for the version 5.4 update of the Google Play Store.  I'm hoping that the problem will be corrected in that version.  So for now, I uninstall the updates to the Google play store when I want to install something from my phone or use the web version of the play store to install apps.

    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Same problem here with a HTC One M7.

    Upgrading the Play Store APK to higher then 5.3.6 does not fix the issue either.

    I have reset, factory reset, re-flashed, removed my google account.. Created a new google account, cleared data/caches.. Name it.. Problem returns.

    I ended up buying a cheap phone until Google/HTC works this problem out.

    I kind of like the Nokia Lumia 635 I picked up.. Was only $69 new..

    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Looks like google rolled out some type of fix today. My M7 suddenly works again.. After over a month of the same error and I changed/updated nothing on my own.

    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Yup it looks like it's fixed on mine now too.

    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • you can fix it easily by following step by step guide given in this article: http://aircartapp.com/fix-google-play-store-error-codes

    0
    Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.