Install Root on Samsung Conquer with the FC17 Update
Here are the files and instructions to get root and CWM on a Samsung Conquer 4G with the FC17 update. To enter Download Mode on the phone, make sure the phone is turned off and plugged into the wall charging. You should also make sure the phone has a good charge on it. Then turn the phone on by pressing the volume down and camera button and holding them while pressing the power button for a few seconds.
Here are the files you will need -
Unzip all the files on your computer and follow these steps.
1) Enter download mode on the phone and plug it into your computer. Open up the Odin program. Then press the OPS button and select the SPH-D600_FC17_CWM.ops file. Then press the PDA button and select the*SPH-D600_FC17_CWM.tar.md5* file. The press the Start button, the images should install and the phone reboot. Congrats, your phone now has a stock FC17 image with a CWM Recovery.
2) Next, copy the Superuser-3.0.7-efghi-signed.zip and su-bin-184.108.40.206-efghi-signed.zip files to the root of your SD Card after booting up.
3) Once the phone boots up, go into settings, select Applications, then Development, then turn on USB debugging. Now you can restart the phone into recovery mode with adb. If you don't want to use adb, you can plug the phone into the wall and turn it on while holding the volume down and power button. Either way is fine, as long as you now get the phone into recovery mode.
4) The phone should now go into CWM recovery. Go to install zip from sdcard and select the Superuser-3.0.7-efghi-signed.zip file you put on the sdcard and install that. Next select the su-bin-220.127.116.11-efghi-signed.zip file from your sdcard and install that.
5) Congratulations, you now have a rooted phone with the FC17 update. If you had CWM installed before, you can now do an advanced back-up, and just restore the data from your most recent backup and get all your data back.
http://www.mediafire.com/?pinr9novk8ay2p1 link to the files, (everything is included even odin)
I have just confirmed my phone working awesome rooted with SU. Tested with ad blocker and custom recovery menu too. Now for some freaking roms or ice cream!