- Although your GoPhone account information on AT&T's web site does not display an account number, you actually DO have one and you need to know it to port. The only way to get it is to call GoPhone customer service (611 from your cell phone).
- You also need to know your account PIN. I thought I knew mine, but when I verified it with GoPhone customer service I learned that it was different. So, when you're calling them to get your account number, make sure you also know your PIN too. They can reset it if need be.
- AT&T GoPhone customer service was cooperative with the information but will probably ask you why you are porting.
- There is no social security number (SSN) associated with your GoPhone account. At the moment, Ting's port form requires SSN. Other customers have reported success simply by entering zeros: 000000000.
- When the port happens, your AT&T GoPhone account will be instantly gone along with any unused balance.
Porting from AT&T GoPhone Helpful Hints