I have a (hopefully not all that unusual) Google Voice setup for texting, but I seem to be having a problem with the setup.
1. Just activated a new Ting phone (Photon Q) this week
Old phone still currently active.
I will be porting my old phone number to Google Voice. This hasn't been done yet.
Google Voice is installed on new phone, using Preexisting Google Voice #.
Set up "GV Integration" app to allow me to use Google Voice to send/receive text messages through native text application
Here's the problem ... When I sent a text message from the old phone (no google voice at all) to my google voice number, it showed up in the native messaging application (as expected), and also the google voice application (as expected). However, in both of those places, it shows the message being FROM the google voice number, not the old phone number.
I tried again a few minutes later, and it worked properly (top example in picture) ... then I tried about half an hour later, and it didn't work again -- http://db.tt/urNVc0MT (picture)