I'm posting this because it used to all work for me. But recently I switch my number from one device to another (Ting makes this incredibly easy to do) but now things no longer work.
This is what I had before:
- Someone would call my GoogleVoice number.
- My Ting phone would ring.
- I wouldn't answer.
- Perhaps my Google Hangouts would ring
- I wouldn't answer
- Call goes to Google Voicemail and I can pick up the message in Hangouts
This is what I have now:
A1. Someone calls my GoogleVoice number
A2. Goes straight to Google Voicemail
B1. Someone calls my Ting number
B2. I don't answer
B3. Caller receives a busy signal
I've tried lots of combinations. I've deleted the phone from GV and readded. I turned off call forwarding and then back on for my Ting phone. I have some combinations that show me things really do work, but not with my desired configuration. For example, if I set GV to forward to my house phone then calling GV goes to my house phone !!! If on my Ting phone I *28 to my house phone, then when I don't answer my Ting phone the call goes to my house phone !!! So clearly things can work. But not what I want.
Clearly there is
(1) An issue with Ting forwarding to GoogleVoice, or GoogleVoice receiving the forwarded call from Ting -- why do we get the busy signal?
(2) An issue with GoogleVoice forwarding to my Ting number
Again, this was all working before I switched devices, and I don't recall any issues the last time I switched devices (which was about a year or so ago).
Any advice or suggestions for me to try would be most welcome.