The FCC has announced that they will stop accepting new applications for the Affordability Connectivity Program, and the last funded month will be April 2024.
Applications for the ACP program are now closed.
The ACP program provides qualifying households with the highest internet speed available in your market and a free router rental -- all for $0/month based on eligibility criteria.
The Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) is designed to assist households with an income at or below 200% of Federal Poverty Guidelines. You can also qualify if your household participates in certain federal assistance programs like Medicaid or is receiving WIC benefits.
The aim of the program is to make broadband affordable for the many Americans who rely on it for work, school, health care and more.
The ACP replaced the Emergency Broadband Benefit Program (EBB) on December 31, 2021. The Affordable Connectivity Program will stop accepting new applications and enrollments on February 7, 2024. Consumers must be approved and enrolled with a service provider 11:59 p.m. ET on February 7 to receive the ACP benefit.
The eligibility requirements for an ACP applicant or an applicant’s dependent are:
- Meets the qualifications for participation in the Lifeline program (with the modification that the qualifying household income threshold is at or below 200 percent of the Federal Poverty Guidelines for a household of that size);
- OR has been approved to receive school lunch benefits under the free and reduced-price lunch program or the school breakfast program
- OR has received a Federal Pell Grant in the current award year
- OR meets the eligibility criteria for a participating provider’s existing low-income program (subject to approval by
- OR receives assistance through the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants and Children (WIC).
To see if you qualify for ACP, go to the USAC's Affordable Connectivity Program's Do I Qualify? page.
All eligible ACP customers also get a one-time $100 device credit. Ting Internet is offering qualifying customers a Lenovo M8 HD tablet for only $20 plus taxes on the full $120 retail price. To purchase the Lenovo M8 Tablet:
- Confirm your eligibility with Ting Internet by filling out this form.
- Select the option to “Add a Lenovo M8 Tablet to my account for $20 + tax
Submit the completed form.
In order for us to process your tablet request, you must also:
- Register with the National Verifier and qualify for the Affordable Connectivity Program
- Be successfully enrolled in the Affordable Connectivity Program through Ting Internet
- Be eligible to receive the one-time device discount offered through the ACP
Once your eligibility has been confirmed, we’ll charge the credit card associated with your Ting Internet account for the $120 tablet price + sales tax, minus the $100 one-time ACP device credit. We’ll email you to confirm once your payment has been processed and ship your device to the address submitted through this form within five business days.
Terms and conditions:
- Customers must meet all of the eligibility requirements cited above in order to qualify for and purchase a Lenovo M8 Tablet through Ting Internet.
- Once your eligibility has been confirmed, the $100 one-time ACP device credit will be applied to the $120 tablet purchase price. The credit card associated with your Ting Internet account will then be automatically charged for the remaining balance of $20, plus sales tax on the original $120 purchase price.
- All tablets will be shipped via FedEx 2-Day Shipping. Delivery may take up to five business days from the time your order is processed.
- Limit one tablet per household. While supplies last.
For the most up-to-date information, please see the FCC Website, https://www.fcc.gov/acp. The Affordable Connectivity Program stopped accepting applications as of February 7, 2024.
For more information about the ACP, please visit AffordableConnectivity.gov.
For questions about signing up for Ting or applying ACP to your account, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org