This feature is a limited release.
Ting Voice is only available to a select group of limited release participants. If you are not participating, this article does not apply!
Once an auto-attendant has been activated, whether or not a phone number has been assigned yet, it can no longer be edited. This is because the Auto-Attendant route builder saves changes in real-time, and we don't want you to accidentally break an active call flow, even temporarily.
If you just want to see how the auto-attendant is set up, click to open it in View Only mode. But if you do need to make changes, you have two options:
Option 1: Duplicate, Edit, Switch
- In the Voice Portal, navigate to Business Cloud > Auto-Attendant to access your auto-attendants. Locate the one you want to modify, hover over it, and click Duplicate.
- Click Edit to open the builder and make any necessary changes.
- Return to the Auto-Attendant page, find the one you just modified, and click Activate.
- When ready for the new version to go live, click Assign Phone Number to move to the Phone Numbers page and locate the phone number assigned to the original auto-attendant. Adjust the destination on the right to the new auto-attendant.
- Click Save. Calls to that phone number will now be directed through the new auto-attendant.
- Go to the Auto-Attendant page, locate the original, and click Deactivate.
- Delete the old version or rename it, so users don't confuse them.
Option 2: Deactivate, Edit, Reactivate
Important Note: This option should only be used after hours to ensure that no calls are received while you’re making the changes.
- In the Voice Portal, Business Cloud > Phone Numbers from the navigation on the left. Locate the phone number assigned to the auto-attendant you want to modify.
- Click the phone number destination on the right and change it to "None" or another viable option (like a temporary auto-attendant).
- Go to the Auto-Attendant page and locate the one you want to modify. On the right, click
- Now click Edit to open the builder and make any necessary changes.
- When you're done, go back to the Auto-Attendant page, locate the auto-attendant you just modified, and click Activate.
- Click the Assign Phone Number link to go to the Phone Numbers page.
- Locate the phone number you want to assign, then click the destination on the right and change it back to the auto-attendant.
- Calls to that phone number will now be directed through the auto-attendant.