Last updated by Isabel M
Setting up Wi-Fi calling on your GSM Android device is easy. Follow the directions below to enable Wi-Fi calling and set your calling preferences.
Enabling Wi-Fi Calling
To set up Wi-Fi calling:
- Go to your phone's Wireless and Network Settings.
- Select the More or More Networks option
- Find Wi-Fi Calling and enable it
Now your phone is ready to use Wi-Fi calling. Now you'll want to set your Wi-Fi calling preferences.
Setting Wi-Fi Calling Preferences
To set your calling preferences:
- Tap Wi-Fi calling (not the enable/disable button)
- Tap Connection preferences
- Choose from:
- Wi-Fi preferred - If a Wi-Fi network is available, your phone will use the Wi-Fi network rather than the cellular network
- Cellular network preferred - Your phone will only use a Wi-Fi network for calls if there is no cellular network available.
- Never use cellular network - Your phone will only use Wi-Fi networks for calls.