Last updated by Christian Robinette
Setting up Wi-Fi calling on your Android device is easy. First, check the device settings on your Ting account to turn on the Wi-Fi Calling feature. Then follow the directions below to enable Wi-Fi calling and set your calling preferences.
Note: For CDMA, if the option is not present on your Ting account, then your phone does not support this feature.
Enabling Wi-Fi Calling
To set up Wi-Fi calling on most phones:
- Go to your phone's Wireless and Network Settings.
- Select the More or More Networks option
- Find Wi-Fi Calling and enable it
Now your phone is ready to use Wi-Fi calling. Now you'll want to set your Wi-Fi calling preferences.
To set your calling preferences:
- Tap Wi-Fi calling (not the enable/disable button)
- Tap Connection preferences
- Choose from:
- Wi-Fi preferred - If a Wi-Fi network is available, your phone will use the Wi-Fi network rather than the cellular network
- Cellular network preferred - Your phone will only use a Wi-Fi network for calls if there is no cellular network available.
- Never use cellular network - Your phone will only use Wi-Fi networks for calls.