Setting up Wi-Fi calling on your Android device is easy. First, check the device settings on your Ting account to turn on the Wi-Fi calling feature. Then follow the directions below to enable Wi-Fi calling and set your calling preferences.
For more information on Wi-Fi calling with Ting and how these calls are billed, please have a look at our Wi-Fi calling on Ting Devices FAQ.
Enabling Wi-Fi calling
To set up Wi-Fi calling on most phones:
- Go to your phone's Wireless and Network Settings.
- Select the More or More Networks option.
- Find Wi-Fi calling and enable it.
Now your phone is ready to use Wi-Fi calling. Now you'll want to set your Wi-Fi calling preferences.
Setting Wi-Fi calling preferences
To set your calling preferences:
- Tap Wi-Fi calling (not the enable/disable button).
- Tap Connection preferences.
- Choose from:
- Wi-Fi preferred: If a Wi-Fi network is available, your phone will use the Wi-Fi network rather than the cellular network
- Cellular network preferred: Your phone will only use a Wi-Fi network for calls if no cellular network is available.
- Never use cellular network: Your phone will only use Wi-Fi networks for calls.