Setting up Wi-Fi calling on your Android device is easy. First, check the device settings on your Ting account to turn on the Wi-Fi calling feature. Then follow the directions below to enable Wi-Fi calling and set your calling preferences.
For more information on Wi-Fi calling with Ting and how these calls are billed, please have a look at our Wi-Fi calling on Ting Devices FAQ.
Note: For CDMA, if the option is not present on your Ting account, your phone does not support this feature. The feature is only available for our GSM and Sprint CDMA network.
Enabling Wi-Fi calling
To set up Wi-Fi calling on most phones:
- Go to your phone's Wireless and Network Settings.
- Select the More or More Networks option.
- Find Wi-Fi calling and enable it.
Now your phone is ready to use Wi-Fi calling. Now you'll want to set your Wi-Fi calling preferences.
Setting Wi-Fi calling preferences
To set your calling preferences:
- Tap Wi-Fi calling (not the enable/disable button).
- Tap Connection preferences.
- Choose from:
- Wi-Fi preferred: If a Wi-Fi network is available, your phone will use the Wi-Fi network rather than the cellular network
- Cellular network preferred: Your phone will only use a Wi-Fi network for calls if no cellular network is available.
- Never use cellular network: Your phone will only use Wi-Fi networks for calls.